Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Target edits negative comments from their web site...


Uh oh. Censorship is never good. And it looks like Target has done just that: eliminated free speech by removing all the negative comments on the Jason Wu for Target cat tote bag (as shown by the screen capture at left).

How do I know this? Well, because out of frustration after the Jason Wu wipeout, myself (and several other disgruntled consumers) left this bag only one star, chastizing Target for making so few of them in the first place. Other negative comments included requests to limit the amount of designer merchandise you can buy in stores (as to deter the eBay vultures) and complaints that Target wasn't restocking this item. I recall I was about the 5th or 6th negative review, and my comment added the fact that their in-store finder is COMPLETELY inaccurate. Not sure if my message got through to them or not, but I am sure that my comment (and others) were all removed, as this item now has 18 five-star reviews.

Blog Archive